YouTube launched February 14th, 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. Now it is the 2nd most visited website in the world.
Facts and Numbers
- The very first YouTube video was uploaded on 23 April 2005.
- The total number of people who use YouTube – 1,300,000,000.
- 300 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute!
- Almost 5 billion videos are watched on YouTube every single day.
- YouTube gets over 30 million visitors per day.
- In an average month, 8 out of 10 18-49 year-olds watch YouTube.
- By 2025, half of the viewers under 32 will not subscribe to a pay-TV service.
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms to live TV.
- The total number of hours of video watched on YouTube each month – 3.25 billion.
- 10,113 YouTube videos generated over 1 billion views.
- 80% of YouTube’s views are from outside of the U.S.
- The average number of mobile YouTube video views per day is 1,000,000,000.
- The average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes. This is up with more than 50% year-over-year.
- Female users are 38% and male users are 62%.
- User Percentage by Age 18-24 – 11%, 25-34 – 23%, 35-44 – 26%, 45-54 – 16%, 50-64 – 8%, 65+ – 3%, unknown age – 14%.
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices.
- YouTube’s mobile revenue is up to 2x y/y.
- YouTube overall and even YouTube on mobile alone reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the U.S.
- The number of hours people spend watching videos on YouTube is up 60% year-over- year, the fastest growth we’ve seen in 2 years.
- You can navigate YouTube in a total of 76 different languages (covering 95% of the Internet population).
- YouTube has launched local versions in more than 88 countries.
- 9% of U.S small businesses use YouTube.
- Approximately 20% of the people who start your video will leave after the first 10 seconds. Create a